Cofense Submerge 2019Location: Orlando, Florida
Date: September 23, 2019 to September 24, 2019
Phishing is turning into a bigger problem than ever for businesses.
Here are some of Cofense’s key discoveries:
- Between October 2018 and March 2019, end users reported 31,429 total threats after delivery to the inbox. These included 23,195 via credential phishing; 2,681 via compromised business email; 4,835 via malware; and 718 via other scams.
- Ninety percent of the malicious emails that Cofense verified during this period were found in environments running one or more secure email gateways.
- Cofense is seeing activity including the use of public, open-source tools to evade detection. Hackers are also using genuine Office 365 accounts to harvest credentials that increase the odds of reaching the inbox and delivering malware.
- SharePoint, OneDrive and ShareFile stand out as some of the most abused cloud providers.
- Cofense found that threat actors use geolocation to help prevent analysis by security tools or human researchers; this allows malware to slip through a secure email gateway’s defenses.
Meet up with us at Cofense Submerge 2019. The fourth year of this event, taking place Sept. 23-24, will go deep into the world of phishing defense with training and hands-on content like never before.
Cofense Submerge will also offer time to network, which is why One Source is attending. We partner with Cofense to offer their solutions. We want to get to know you and understand your organization and its phishing concerns. We can also provide guidance about Cofense’s technology and the latest trends in phishing.
One Source is a long-standing partner of Cofense to provide Managed Security Services with Cofense PhishMeTM and Cofense TriageTM to mid-size enterprises. You can read more about our partnership here and visit the One Source store to learn more.