< Back to jobs list
Wireline Orders Specialist
The Basic Summary
A Wireline Orders Specialist I is responsible for the implementation of wireline service order requests for new and existing clients. The Specialist I will develop the ability to navigate, maintain and utilize internal order systems, as well as external telecommunications service provider (i.e. CenturyLink, Verizon, AT&T, Spectrum, Comcast, etc.) order systems. The Specialist I will gain an understanding of wireline telecommunications technology, products and services, and manage implementation of these services in accordance with company goals and industry standards while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Manage the implementation of non-complex wireline solutions, including but not limited to local POTS, long distance and cable service
- Navigate and understand solutions data, carrier billing platforms, customer service records and previous order data
- Manage order interval and order quality in alignment with internal SLAs and department goals
- Maintain individual key performance goals for productivity and time on task
- Ensure constant order flow by escalating requests that require higher level assistance to team lead or manager
- Develop the ability to navigate, utilize and maintain all pertinent internal systems to ensure the timely and accurate documentation of all order related information
- Coordinate scheduling of carrier and vendor visits on assigned orders
- Develop a basic understanding of external carrier order systems and processes including, but not proper means of order submission
- Maintain professional communication and courtesy in every interaction with clients and coworkers
- Clearly document order status and updates to be provided to clients and company staff as needed
- Ask intelligent questions to collect data about the client’s telecommunication needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs
- Provide first level after-hours and holiday on-call support on a revolving basis with other Service Delivery staff
- Respond to all internal, client and carrier requests on assigned orders in a timely manner
- Manage work time responsibly and efficiently. Seek to serve other team members when all individual responsibilities are caught up
- Demonstrate a commitment to doing what is right, be honest and sincere in all interactions with clients and co-workers
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions is required
- The individual also be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several concrete variables
- Excellent verbal and written communication for interactions with customers and service providers
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with a calm demeanor, maintaining a learner’s spirit and a win-win attitude
- Proven aptitude for learning about technology
Education and Experience:
- The individual will have preferably earned a Bachelor’s degree. Graduation from high school or high school equivalency is required.
- Two or more years of Customer Service experience is strongly preferred. Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of telecommunications processes and technology (Cable, Ethernet, VoIP, MPLS, SDWAN) is preferred
- Knowledge of CRM software, database software and/or project management software is helpful, but not required.