< Back to jobs list
Wireline Repair Technician
The Basic Summary
A Wireline Repair Technician is responsible for the ongoing technical support and service assurance of all Wireline Services for clients. The technician is responsible for maintaining excellence in relationships with clients, maintain standards and conduct that reflect One Source values and set an example for others to follow.
Schedule is Monday-Friday 3:00 PM – 12:00 AM EST
- Provide clients with “concierge” service-seek every opportunity to build client trust in One Source Services by providing top quality work. Commitment to provide a consistent level of outstanding service to clients, always maintaining a positive attitude. Serve every client in a way that you would want to be served.
- Demonstrate disciplined work ethic. Set realistic expectations and then always strive to go ‘above and beyond’ what is expected. Use knowledge and skills efficiently and effectively, and be willing to develop personal knowledge and skills. Take responsibility for mistakes and thoroughly correct mistakes in a timely manner.
- Manage repair process to ensure the accurate diagnosis and timely first-time resolution of service impairments. Refer repeat and chronic trouble reports to management’s attention to achieve final resolution and customer satisfaction. Engage management to pursue service alt-routing and redesign opportunities to reduce customer impact when appropriate.
- Maintain continued communication with client by providing status updates during the resolution process if the issue is not resolved in one call. Use creative problem resolution skills to offer suggestions for temporary solutions if possible to assist clients until full resolution is complete. Ensure timely follow through and prompt follow up.
- Demonstrate an understanding of proper escalation channels.
- Develop ability to navigate, utilize and maintain all pertinent internal databases to ensure the timely and accurate documentation of all repair history and dispositions.
- Develop an understanding of how carrier services interact with clients’ equipment and internal network in order to efficiently and effectively diagnose and engage appropriate resources.
- Develop an understanding of core telecommunications technology, products and services. Become familiar with developing telecommunications technology and service provider maintenance procedures.
- Work after-hours on-call as necessary to ensure that clients are served with excellence.
- Graduation from high school or high school equivalency is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer service experience
- Network certifications are helpful but not required
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)