5 Tips to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware
By Steve Cobb, CISO, One Source
With the transition to remote working comes new vulnerabilities. As organizations have shifted to provide convenience to its workers, many times they overlook the security needed to protect their organization. This creates opportunities for hackers to exploit vulnerabilities and deploy ransomware in new, sophisticated ways.
Ransomware is the COVID-19 of the digital world.
Ransomware attempts are increasing daily as attackers discover that there are a multitude of easy targets and that the ROI for their efforts has become extremely high. The global pandemic is only adding fuel to the fire. The most common way threat actors deliver ransomware to organizations is through spam and phishing attempts. However, threat actors are being more opportunistic in their deployment. Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and drive-by-downloads have become top methods of delivering ransomware infections. The increase in ransomware infections and the various, new methods of attacks is cause for organizations to consider different strategies to keep their workers and customers safe.
Download An Actionable Guide To Telecom Cost Reduction EBOOK
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “The Advantage Of Deception Technology to Detect A Data Breach”.
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “Ransomware: It’s Not Just Delivered By Email Anymore!”.
- POTS Replacement – Waiting Is No Longer An Option
Sep 9, 2021
- The three phases of a successful cloud migration
Aug 16, 2021
- SD-WAN FAQs: Avoid the Top Security Mistakes When Implementing SD-WAN
Aug 4, 2021
- Your Mobile Devices Are Under Attack…Uncover the Top 4 Mobile Cyber Scams and How to Prevent Them
Jul 20, 2021
- Enterprise Mobility Strategy: 3 Things You Need to Consider in 2021
Apr 13, 2021
- Why Mobile Device Inventory Is Critical To Your COVID-19 Enterprise Mobile Management Strategy
Mar 19, 2021
- 3 Factors IT Leaders Need To Include In A Business Continuity Plan That Goes Beyond Just Disaster Recovery
Mar 9, 2021
- 3 Proven IT Tips for No-Risk Technology Upgrades
Jan 5, 2021
- 4 Strategies IT Leaders Can Use To Support IT Upgrades On A Budget
Dec 18, 2020
- Year in Review: 3 Technology Trends of 2020
Dec 15, 2020
- How To Recover Telecom Costs And Fuel 2021 IT Budget
Nov 16, 2020
- How To Uncover Cost Savings In Your Telecom Contracts
Oct 26, 2020
- Beating the Cybersecurity Staffing Shortage: 3 Advantages to Using a MSSP
Oct 16, 2020
- 3 Critical Strategies that Extend your IT Budget
Sep 23, 2020