5 Tips to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware
By Steve Cobb, CISO, One Source
With the transition to remote working comes new vulnerabilities. As organizations have shifted to provide convenience to its workers, many times they overlook the security needed to protect their organization. This creates opportunities for hackers to exploit vulnerabilities and deploy ransomware in new, sophisticated ways.
Ransomware is the COVID-19 of the digital world.
Ransomware attempts are increasing daily as attackers discover that there are a multitude of easy targets and that the ROI for their efforts has become extremely high. The global pandemic is only adding fuel to the fire. The most common way threat actors deliver ransomware to organizations is through spam and phishing attempts. However, threat actors are being more opportunistic in their deployment. Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and drive-by-downloads have become top methods of delivering ransomware infections. The increase in ransomware infections and the various, new methods of attacks is cause for organizations to consider different strategies to keep their workers and customers safe.
Download An Actionable Guide To Telecom Cost Reduction EBOOK
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “The Advantage Of Deception Technology to Detect A Data Breach”.
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “Ransomware: It’s Not Just Delivered By Email Anymore!”.
- Enhancing Customer Experience with CCaaS: A Guide for IT Leaders
May 22, 2023
- Implementing UCaaS: Best Practices
Apr 25, 2023
- Top Considerations for Choosing a UCaaS Provider
Apr 20, 2023
- What is UCaaS, and does your company need it?
Apr 12, 2023
- How To Recover Telecom Costs And Fuel 2023 IT Budget
Dec 30, 2022
- Recommendations to Navigate the Complexities of Cybersecurity Insurance
Jul 29, 2022
- Steps to Guard Against Russian Cyber Attacks
Jun 20, 2022
- How to Prepare Your Network for Cloud Transformation
Apr 22, 2022
- How To Get More Out Of Your 2022 IT Budget
Feb 2, 2022
- SD-WAN vs. MPLS: What You Need To Consider For Your Organizations Network
Dec 16, 2021
- Why Shadow IT Opens the Door to Cybersecurity Risks
Oct 28, 2021
- What is Shadow IT?
Oct 7, 2021
- POTS Replacement – Waiting Is No Longer An Option
Sep 9, 2021