5 Tips to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware
By Steve Cobb, CISO, One Source
With the transition to remote working comes new vulnerabilities. As organizations have shifted to provide convenience to its workers, many times they overlook the security needed to protect their organization. This creates opportunities for hackers to exploit vulnerabilities and deploy ransomware in new, sophisticated ways.
Ransomware is the COVID-19 of the digital world.
Ransomware attempts are increasing daily as attackers discover that there are a multitude of easy targets and that the ROI for their efforts has become extremely high. The global pandemic is only adding fuel to the fire. The most common way threat actors deliver ransomware to organizations is through spam and phishing attempts. However, threat actors are being more opportunistic in their deployment. Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and drive-by-downloads have become top methods of delivering ransomware infections. The increase in ransomware infections and the various, new methods of attacks is cause for organizations to consider different strategies to keep their workers and customers safe.
Download An Actionable Guide To Telecom Cost Reduction EBOOK
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “The Advantage Of Deception Technology to Detect A Data Breach”.
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “Ransomware: It’s Not Just Delivered By Email Anymore!”.
- 5 Tips to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware
Aug 12, 2020
- How To Defeat Attackers With Deception Technology
Aug 3, 2020
- All SOCs Aren’t Created Equal: Questions Mid-Market Companies Need to Ask When Evaluating a Cyber Security Partner
May 27, 2020
- 5 Cybersecurity Misconfigurations to Avoid that Reduce Cyber Risk by 75%
May 5, 2020
- 5 Types of Cyber Attacks Most Threatening to Small-Midsize Businesses
Apr 20, 2020
- Your Remote Workforce Emergency Plan: 3 Things Your IT Department Can Do in the Next 30 Days
Mar 24, 2020
- 6 Quick Cybersecurity Must-Haves to Support a Remote Workforce
Mar 16, 2020
- How To Defend Your Company Against Coronavirus Cyber Scams
Mar 12, 2020
- One Source Pioneers Movement of Cyberattack Preparedness to #DefendNC
Feb 26, 2020
- Why It’s Imperative for Mid-Market Companies To Fund Cybersecurity During Current Lockdown
Feb 24, 2020
- Changing User Behavior Core to Averting Phishing Disaster
Feb 5, 2020