What is UCaaS, and does your company need it?
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) is a cloud-based solution that integrates communication and collaboration tools into a single platform. UCaaS solutions typically include Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), video conferencing, instant messaging, file sharing, and more.
Some of the top UCaaS providers on the market today include RingCentral, 8×8, Cisco Webex, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Workspace, and GoTo.
Before modern-day UCaaS systems came about, organizations used a combination of disjointed tools for communication. Instead of having an all-in-one solution, companies would source and manage tools like traditional telephone systems, email, instant messaging platforms, video conferencing solutions, and collaboration platforms (think shared calendars or document sharing) separately. This works but lacks integration and interoperability, two abilities that can make or break an organization’s collaboration culture. With UCaaS, collaboration is seamless.
As more and more companies adopt flexible remote work policies, collaboration across devices, channels, and locations is increasingly important.
So…does my company need UCaaS?
UCaaS can be valuable for companies of any size or industry. For distributed organizations with multiple locations or remote teams, the flexibility of UCaaS is particularly valuable. Small-medium-sized businesses and startups can gain an advantage by avoiding upfront costs and maintenance associated with on-premises solutions. They can also grow their teams without worrying about additional hardware projects. Enterprise companies can benefit from the more advanced features of UCaaS, such as integration with existing tools, helping streamline communication and collaboration across teams while enjoying the flexibility and scalability valued by smaller companies.
If you want to determine if UCaaS is right for your unique organization, you can ask these questions:
- How many employees do I have? How do they currently communicate with clients or customers? Have we experienced any gaps in communication?
- Do we need a more efficient way for employees to communicate with each other/customers?
- Do we have remote employees or multiple office locations that need to cross-collaborate?
- Are we growing? Is a scalable communication solution a good idea for us?
- Do we need a centralized communication solution that can integrate with other company applications (CRM, ERP, project management platforms)?
- Would reducing the cost and complexity associated with managing and maintaining an on-premises system solve any employee bandwidth issues for us?
Overall, UCaaS can benefit any organization that wants to improve communication and collaboration among employees, reduce communication costs, and access advanced communication tools and features.
Download An Actionable Guide To Telecom Cost Reduction EBOOK
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “The Advantage Of Deception Technology to Detect A Data Breach”.
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “Ransomware: It’s Not Just Delivered By Email Anymore!”.
- Buying UCaaS/CCaaS: If You Don't Evaluate Beyond Features You Could Be Making a BIG Mistake
Oct 31, 2023
- Is BYOD Easier Than Corporate Mobile Management?
Sep 29, 2023
- Enhancing Customer Experience with CCaaS: A Guide for IT Leaders
May 22, 2023
- Implementing UCaaS: Best Practices
Apr 25, 2023
- Top Considerations for Choosing a UCaaS Provider
Apr 20, 2023
- What is UCaaS, and does your company need it?
Apr 12, 2023
- How To Recover Telecom Costs And Fuel 2023 IT Budget
Dec 30, 2022
- Recommendations to Navigate the Complexities of Cybersecurity Insurance
Jul 29, 2022
- Steps to Guard Against Russian Cyber Attacks
Jun 20, 2022
- How to Prepare Your Network for Cloud Transformation
Apr 22, 2022
- How To Get More Out Of Your 2022 IT Budget
Feb 2, 2022
- SD-WAN vs. MPLS: What You Need To Consider For Your Organizations Network
Dec 16, 2021
- Why Shadow IT Opens the Door to Cybersecurity Risks
Oct 28, 2021
- What is Shadow IT?
Oct 7, 2021
- POTS Replacement – Waiting Is No Longer An Option
Sep 9, 2021