Smaller organizations face the same mobility management challenges as their larger counterparts, but often lack the big budgets that pay for in-house experts and other resources. At the same time, most of the vendors specializing in mobility management have kept their aim on the Fortune 500, leaving mid-market firms (those spending less than $1 billion annually on mobility) with few desirable options.
One Source has filled this gap for years. We bring Managed Mobility Services to medium-sized enterprises, providing the people, software, and support that lead to the most efficient and productive mobile environment – all while acting as an extension, not a replacement, of a client’s IT team. Plus, we often help clients save 20% to 40% in spend and realize triple-digit returns on their investment in MMS.
Boost Productivity &
- Shift responsibility for routine mobility management tasks
- Assign your team to high-value activities
- Access around-the-clock help desk support
Ensure Data Security &
- Stay in compliance with regulations at all times
- Safeguard corporate smartphones, tablets, etc., with Mobile Device Management
- Mitigate risk of compromised data by wiping lost and stolen devices
Improve Visibility &
- Identify and reduce “zombie devices”
- Promote end-user accountability through mobile policy enforcement
- Target selective deployment of mobile solutions to the right users
Gain Control Over Mobile Usage & Expenses
- Report indiscriminate use of company resources
- Manage unnecessary expenses throughout device lifecycle
- Implement proactive plan changes on the fly
Managed Mobility Services
(Wireless Expense Management)
Fully Managed. Not Software as a Service.
Managed by real specialists for every task from procurement to payment.
One Number to Call. One Bill to Pay.
Lean on our well-trained 24/7 U.S.-based help desk specialists to resolve all issues. Pay a single audited and consolidated bill for all carriers.
Triple-Digit Return on Investment.
Realize triple-digit ROI with a 20% savings in telecom spending through our proprietary procurement and ongoing expense management solutions.
No Setup or Hidden Fees.
Experience white-glove onboarding with a dedicated Customer Success Manager and no upfront fees.
Trusted partner of 20,000+ locations with a 99% client retention rate and an average tenure of 9 years.
- Mobile Optimization, Sourcing, Procurement
- Mobile Expense Administration & Single-Invoice Bill Pay
- Optimize Mobile Usage, Recover Costs
- Around-the-Clock, U.S.-Based Help Desk
Make the most of the organization’s mobile devices while saving money
- Centralize and track inventory
- Pinpoint zombie devices and calibrate service plans
- Take advantage of contract management that eliminates unnecessary price increases
- Use the carriers that best match the enterprise’s needs, geographies
Pay only one bill – carrier invoices are compiled into a consolidated, audited bill
- Gain peace of mind as services undergo monthly audit for billing errors
- Streamline invoice management thanks to one platform, which improves staff productivity
- Capitalize on advance bill-pay services, ensuring on-time payments
Only pay for what the organization consumes – Adjust services and get money back for incorrect charges
- Understand trends in mobile usage and respond accordingly to meet business needs
- Rely on a fully managed process for disputing bills to recoup unnecessary charges
- Implement charge-back reporting done on a shared-services basis, visible to end users and management
- Rest easy knowing SLA enforcement is fully managed and appropriate credits are received
Dial one number for all mobility management service requests and technical support
- Work with specialists who know the vendors, hardware, and services your organization uses
- Receive updates in real time
- Use our carrier-escalation capabilities as needed
- Funnel MACDs through our team, assigning your staff to more high-value activities
Read AOTMP’s latest research on how medium-sized enterprises, a neglected market by telecom, IT, and mobility management vendors, can now level the playing field against their Fortune 500 counterparts by adopting Communications Lifecycle Management.