How To Defeat Attackers With Deception Technology
By Steve Cobb, CISO, One Source
As we have seen in the last few weeks, major vulnerabilities are being announced daily. Cisco just released 10 critical vulnerabilities, Microsoft released a potentially devastating DNS vulnerability and Twitter’s verified accounts were hacked…just to name a few. The pandemic and transition to remote working has “refreshed” old vulnerabilities as companies try to offer convenience to remote workers and bypass their normal due diligence. Data breaches are impacting more and more businesses and the cost and reputational damage of a data breach can be detrimental with the potential to put companies out of business.
Why Use Deception Technology
Deception Technology can provide a low-cost, efficient method of determining if an internal or external breach is in process. When deception technology that has been implemented correctly detects an alert, you can be assured that false positives have been eliminated and the alert is real. These technologies can surveille a threat actor while they are going about their business and capture those interactions for enhanced defenses and threat intelligence. This threat intelligence can help an organization understand who is targeting them and how by gathering the tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of an attacker. For a MSSP, like One Source, it allows us to build out rules and protections for our clients from real and current data. These high-quality alerts allow organizations to enhance their prevention and defenses more effectively.
Download An Actionable Guide To Telecom Cost Reduction EBOOK
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “The Advantage Of Deception Technology to Detect A Data Breach”.
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “Ransomware: It’s Not Just Delivered By Email Anymore!”.
- 5 Tips to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware
Aug 12, 2020
- How To Defeat Attackers With Deception Technology
Aug 3, 2020
- All SOCs Aren’t Created Equal: Questions Mid-Market Companies Need to Ask When Evaluating a Cyber Security Partner
May 27, 2020
- 5 Cybersecurity Misconfigurations to Avoid that Reduce Cyber Risk by 75%
May 5, 2020
- 5 Types of Cyber Attacks Most Threatening to Small-Midsize Businesses
Apr 20, 2020
- Your Remote Workforce Emergency Plan: 3 Things Your IT Department Can Do in the Next 30 Days
Mar 24, 2020
- 6 Quick Cybersecurity Must-Haves to Support a Remote Workforce
Mar 16, 2020
- How To Defend Your Company Against Coronavirus Cyber Scams
Mar 12, 2020
- One Source Pioneers Movement of Cyberattack Preparedness to #DefendNC
Feb 26, 2020
- Why It’s Imperative for Mid-Market Companies To Fund Cybersecurity During Current Lockdown
Feb 24, 2020
- Changing User Behavior Core to Averting Phishing Disaster
Feb 5, 2020