How To Defeat Attackers With Deception Technology
By Steve Cobb, CISO, One Source
As we have seen in the last few weeks, major vulnerabilities are being announced daily. Cisco just released 10 critical vulnerabilities, Microsoft released a potentially devastating DNS vulnerability and Twitter’s verified accounts were hacked…just to name a few. The pandemic and transition to remote working has “refreshed” old vulnerabilities as companies try to offer convenience to remote workers and bypass their normal due diligence. Data breaches are impacting more and more businesses and the cost and reputational damage of a data breach can be detrimental with the potential to put companies out of business.
Why Use Deception Technology
Deception Technology can provide a low-cost, efficient method of determining if an internal or external breach is in process. When deception technology that has been implemented correctly detects an alert, you can be assured that false positives have been eliminated and the alert is real. These technologies can surveille a threat actor while they are going about their business and capture those interactions for enhanced defenses and threat intelligence. This threat intelligence can help an organization understand who is targeting them and how by gathering the tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of an attacker. For a MSSP, like One Source, it allows us to build out rules and protections for our clients from real and current data. These high-quality alerts allow organizations to enhance their prevention and defenses more effectively.
Download An Actionable Guide To Telecom Cost Reduction EBOOK
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “The Advantage Of Deception Technology to Detect A Data Breach”.
Complete the following to access On-Demand webinar, “Ransomware: It’s Not Just Delivered By Email Anymore!”.
- What is Shadow IT?
Oct 7, 2021
- POTS Replacement – Waiting Is No Longer An Option
Sep 9, 2021
- The three phases of a successful cloud migration
Aug 16, 2021
- SD-WAN FAQs: Avoid the Top Security Mistakes When Implementing SD-WAN
Aug 4, 2021
- Your Mobile Devices Are Under Attack…Uncover the Top 4 Mobile Cyber Scams and How to Prevent Them
Jul 20, 2021
- Enterprise Mobility Strategy: 3 Things You Need to Consider in 2021
Apr 13, 2021
- Why Mobile Device Inventory Is Critical To Your COVID-19 Enterprise Mobile Management Strategy
Mar 19, 2021
- 3 Factors IT Leaders Need To Include In A Business Continuity Plan That Goes Beyond Just Disaster Recovery
Mar 9, 2021
- 3 Proven IT Tips for No-Risk Technology Upgrades
Jan 5, 2021
- 4 Strategies IT Leaders Can Use To Support IT Upgrades On A Budget
Dec 18, 2020
- Year in Review: 3 Technology Trends of 2020
Dec 15, 2020
- How To Recover Telecom Costs And Fuel 2021 IT Budget
Nov 16, 2020
- How To Uncover Cost Savings In Your Telecom Contracts
Oct 26, 2020
- Beating the Cybersecurity Staffing Shortage: 3 Advantages to Using a MSSP
Oct 16, 2020
- 3 Critical Strategies that Extend your IT Budget
Sep 23, 2020